Thank you for your interest in joining Keep It Tight!
Do you love cyclocross?
Have you had an interest in “trying” it out?
Are you a seasoned veteran?
Do you have kids who you’d like to get into the sport?
Do you strive for a balance between work, family, and fitness?
If you answered yes to these questions then you are an ideal candidate for the 2016 KIT ‘cross team.
We are currently and actively recruiting cyclocrossers to race for Team Keep It Tight in 2016. We’d love to see this team expand across all categories: women, juniors, novices, elites, masters, etc. Even if you race for a “road team” you should consider joining Team KIT.
The team’s core group of riders is located in and around Arlington, Lexington, and Cambridge, MA but we have several athletes of all levels from around New England. If you aren’t from “these parts” don’t let that deter you, as we’d love to see “satellite” groups forming throughout the country.
Team Keep It Tight is open to everyone, regardless of ability or racing experience. See the Membership Responsibilities and Benefits below then complete the membership form to register with the team.
- Ride in a respectful, safe, and legal fashion. Keep It Tight members are highly visible and a public presence for our sponsors in particular and cyclists in general. Keep the roads safe for all users by minding your responsibilities.
- Wear your helmet on all rides and your team kit on a regular basis.
- Volunteer in at least one club event, be a captain, or sponsor the club.
- Maintain positive relations and interactions with motorists. In conflict situations, cyclists almost never win. It’s better to find a calm and safe resolution or contact authorities if that’s not possible.
- You are asked to represent Keep It Tight and our community in a positive manner at all times, both on and off the bike. (KIT reserves the right to remove riders from the team due to improper or unsportsmanlike behavior.)
- Wear your Keep It Tight jersey at all races and events.
- Weekly Group Rides
- Regular CX skills practices
- Access to expert coaching
- Discounted training plans (based on power, HR, or perceived exertion)
- Rider profile on the KIT website
- Access to the KIT warm-up tent at select races
- Cycling kits at cost (manufactured by Craft)
- Access to our members-only message boards where you can find information about upcoming rides, races, clinics, training sessions, and social events.
- Access to pre-season and post-season parties
- Support at races including ride sharing, cold drinks, and help with race-day childcare at select races
- The knowledge and satisfaction of supporting a fantastic local non-profit!
- Discounted products from our various club partners