Team Keep It Tight is a team made up of amateur endurance athletes who, among other things, love to ride their bikes.
Our mission is to create a fun and edgy cycling club that is supportive of its members, embraces new members, encourages participation and development at all levels, and promotes the KIT philosophy.
Team Keep It Tight appreciates the importance of living a balanced lifestyle that integrates fitness into the “work-life” equation. Our members are moms, dads, students, corporate warriors, entrepreneurs, weekend warriors, freelancers, etc. who strive for the new paradigm, henceforth known as the KIT philosophy: a work-family-fitness-community balance.
The “KIT Philosophy”
Keeping it tight is an expression that can mean many things to many people. However, whether you are an endurance athlete, graphic designer, musician, stay-at-home mom, teacher, or student, you know what it means to “keep it tight” (KIT). It’s an expression that requires no definition because you know it when you see it. Are you ready to KIT?
Keep It Tight is a philosophy that far surpasses the realm of any physical activity; its fundamentals are based on the successful deployment of many pursuits that encompass one’s daily life. Do you like to cycle, golf, rock climb, etc, yet your family claims you spend too much time on the bike, green, or rock? Then you’re not keeping it tight. When you ride your bike, do your erratic ways get you yelled at by other riders or do you come home with a “chainring tattoo” on your right calf? Then you are not employing the KIT Philosophy. Keeping it Tight respects the relationship between life obligations and sanity-fueled athletic escapisms. Keeping it Tight manifests itself in a harmonious balance of physical fitness, mental tranquility, and spiritual clarity. Embrace the philosophy: work hard; be proud of your accomplishments; and, for God’s sake, Keep It Tight!
We’ll be glad to introduce you to a new world of pain, joy, and success.
Welcome to KIT.
KIT Life Values
- To strive to achieve the highest quality of life
- To strive to achieve the work-family-fitness-community balance
- To do what’s right for your family
- To put forth 100% in your passions
- To give 100% in your job or school
- To embrace what is hardcore and sprinkle a bit of hardcore in your life.
KIT Cycling Values
- To ride your bike smoothly and efficiently
- To ride w respect for your fellow riders
- To evenly pull through in pace line, unless you are actively putting the hammerdown (PTHD)
- To appreciate the fine art of the Town Line Sprint
- To follow traffic rules